Saturday, April 28, 2012

House of Solitude

Spent last weekend in Quebec on a spiritual retreat.  The House of Solitude sits right against the base of a mountain with a brook flowing beside it, and rolling fields of apple trees and meadows along side of it.

  It is a place of quiet to grow your own prayerful life.








To nurture your spiritual life alongside of nature's beauty.



To kneel before God and let your soul be opened to His words.






  Consecrated laity of Notre Dame De Vie gather for prayer and spiritual growth and also to share their way of life with others. It is refreshing to be among people of the same faith.








I think I am most struck by the silence of my  mind, the stirring of my soul to want to pray, and the warm peace that comforts myself.

 As I walked the grounds I stopped before the brook as it conversed to the rocks, watched it laugh in bubbled excitement as it raced past me, and I just was there in that moment, living.  Perhaps that moment was a prayer that I found, a few seconds of contented peace, an awakening of a sense beyond my worries and stress. 



Something just beyond my understanding is right there for me to take hold of, I just can't seem to grasp how to reach it.  So now as I am back to my regular days, my mixed up moments of success and failures, I close my eyes and  bring myself back to those prayerful moments.  A pause in  thought and then courage to face my own way of life with the beauty of prayer a renewed grace.













No comments:

Post a Comment