Monday, May 14, 2012

Toothbrush Painting

Toothbrushes and Painting

Today we got out a new toothbrush and decided to use it as a paintbrush.  Michael was very excited and dipped it immediately into the paint.  He brushed his page and laughed as he circled it about.


We looked at the different designs the bristles made that were different from when we use a paintbrush.


 He spent a lot of time brushing the page until the paint was all off the brush.



Then he decided to get a new sheet and paint with a brush from his collection.


He chose a long paintbrush and dipped right into purple. He spent a lot of time painting lines.

I asked him what he thought would happen if we placed a clean sheet of paper over his design.  Right away he
took one and placed it over his painting.  He rubbed his hands all over the top and then
he grinned in anticipation.


I love his eagerness to discover new things.
He loves to share his experiences with me.
He is so sweet.
Here he has discovered the print now goes onto the other paper.  He was so pleased he held them up.
He then proceeded to paint another picture so he could make another copy print onto a fresh page.


I like his joy in life, he has such a simple, wonderful, beautiful way of living in the moment and enjoying it.        
As I come up with new ways to share life with him I am constantly caught up in his excitement and it grows in me as well.  I wonder what new experiences we will share this week...hmm....life's colors can be spectacular when shared.  Thanks Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment