Monday, May 28, 2012

Dollar Store Water Bottles

Dollar Store Delights

The dollar store is a treasure trove for creative ideas.  Today the kids and I scooped up two cool spray bottles for them to use.  They spent a lot of time outside spraying everything in the  back yard.  Then they rode their bikes to the school playground.



Instantly they were off their bikes and racing around the playground  with the  bottles spraying everything.  They giggled and raced about, so cute.

Michael went to the slide and sprayed with such concentration.  I wondered what he was thinking as he sprayed.  

Nora raced up to the top of a slide and slid down spraying.  At the end of the slide she jumped up and sprayed towards me.  She was having so much fun, such smiles.


Michael peeked out from beneath the playground structure and grinned at me. 

They spent so much time just roaming the playground and spraying and giggling.  The dollar store find was such a good discovery for such a sunny day.


Then they turned towards their bikes and decided to do a bike wash.  




Then it was time to head back after a few more sprays.  They had it on a fine mist spray so the water seemed to last for a long time.

They balanced their way down the school's sidewalk and we headed for home.  


Nora is going to spend time with us this summer and I am so happy for us.  Michael loves his "Eleanora" as he thinks her real name is called.  (It is Eleanor, he couldn't understand that the "a" is dropped so I didn't push it.) 

I imagine more days of water sprays, bike rides, and exploring the outdoors.  I want them to create Nature Journals and draw and write and just be in their experiences.  And I think I may need to buy one more water  bottle and join in the washings of our days.

No comments:

Post a Comment