Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pleasant Valley

Nap Time at Pleasant Valley


 


While Michael slept we drove through Pleasant Valley. 
 We rolled through the hills beside the  mountain covered in wispy clouds.


We winded with the river beside us, both of us letting the current of the day take us.




The road curved toward the mountain,  reminded me of entering into another time. 
We passed an empty farmhouse sitting  by the side of the road.,  amazing hills just beyond the back door.
A longing for serenity escaped me and with a sigh I let a lifestyle not mine leave my thoughts.  I left them with
the sagging steps, the wild fields, and the whispering breeze.


I made Jim stop so I could take this photo.  The dandelions creeping up to the barn
reminded me of another hill with kids.
 I recalled my own youth with grass in my hair, eyes squeezed shut ,hands
up against my chest, rolling down hills like this.  Sensations of
ground and air and grass a part of me, log rolling through the flowers.
 Life living
in the moment.
I snapped the photo.

 




 Still present the mountain closed in the valley,
made me wonder what wild life was up there just beyond the tree line.  Bears?  Cubs?  A Catamount?









We drove on in a quiet moment while Michael slept in peace.

If you ever get a chance to take the trip, Pleasant Valley is beautiful, it will take you back to another time.

Simply surrounded by nature, it's rhythm will stir you, captivate you,  move you to live in that moment.  It is as refreshing as a good nap.





No comments:

Post a Comment