Friday, June 1, 2012

Contagious Joy

Contagious Joy


There is such joy when watching Michael explore his surroundings.  He really knows how to live in the moment.  I took him to the school playground just before sunset and let him roam.  Everyday he shows me just how to really live and today was no exception.  He really showed me true joy with his whole being.


Right away he headed for the field then abruptly stopped.  He stood there for a moment and then began spinning.  I wondered what imaginings he was spinning in his own head as he twirled about.



 Satisfied with some thought he headed over to a bench and climbed right up on it.












He put his arms under his head and grinned at me.  He lay for a time and I watched his contentment.  I thought of all the anxiety that often finds its way into my mind and I wished to achieve Michael's peace.         He is not looking at tomorrow but at right where he is.  He loves being four, in fact he never wants to be anything else as he tells me often. He trusts all and enjoys his days.


After a while he ran over to the tube so he could send me a message.  I snapped his picture and then went to the other pipe on the other side of the playground and listened to his ramblings.  He giggled and sang to me.  I sang back.









He decided to climb up the ladder but only got a little ways before opting for a different route up to the top of the playground.  

He grinned at me from on the bridge, after his trip-trapping like a billy goat.  He found me watching his antics and smiled.  He wears his love right on his face, it is so beautiful.  He has such contagious joy that spreads so fast to all who encounters him.


On the way home we passed this window and he read, "Library" on the very top.  When he peeked inside his eyes got wide and he said, "Look at those books."  I told him Andy went here and read those books.        "Did Andy read all of them?"  He asked.  "Probably."  I said.

After a satisfied scan of the books he said, "Maybe I will."  And then pedaled off with me beside him.

My children teach me so many things every day.  I strive to nurture and grow their love of life and discoveries.  Every day they nurture and grow my own love and it is a wonderful gift I cherish.   To live with joy brings extraordinary to what some may see as just ordinary.  And it is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment