Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Aunt Tammy


Aunt Tammy

We are fortunate to live right across from my dear sister Tammy.  Tammy is the sweetest person you will ever meet and has a special bond with Michael that is just beautiful.  Since he was born they have always done things together.  Whether it is a walk around the mall, a holiday, or just sitting on the steps hanging out, they have always liked being together.

Michael loves his Aunt Tammy and has lately taken to call her "Tam."  He tells many people we meet about his "Tam".  "My Tam lives next door."  "Do you know my Tam?"  "Tam is taking me for a sleep over!"  Most of the people are ones behind us in shopping lines and a captive audience.  Or some that walk by our house we will stop to point out his Tam's house.

Tammy has always been there for me and I am so thankful she has always been there for Michael as well.

Here we are on a trip to Florida.


Through all of Michael's life, in all the different seasons, she has always made time to play with him, adore him, hold him, and love him.

Even in stress-filled days she finds laughter and silliness and gives Michael such joy.

Bedtimes she has found time to tuck him in, read him stories, and rub his head.


Birthdays she is right there, giving gifts, and even finding the energy to play with him.


















Fairs have come and gone with Tammy and Michael and dear sweet Lyndsie too all enjoying the simple pleasures of life.












Their relationship is based on love and the joy they share in all things.  Walking together hand in hand
you can tell they have such love for one another.


Even on playgrounds Tammy climbs up the slides and goes down them with Michael.  He trusts her completely.

We have spent countless visits at Tammy's work.  Michael loves to visit on Halloween and dress up for her.  They walk about the hospital holding hands, and meeting people.



I am most struck by the way she looks at him, the way she listens to his stories.  Look at her right here,
she is totally captivated by Michael.  They both adore each other.

She has spent countless holidays.  During the fireworks she holds him and shows him the colors and he leans right back into her.


So when I look out the window of my home and I see Michael and his "Tam on the steps just hanging out, I am filled with such warmth and love.  My dear sweet sister is so amazing and I love her so.  And I love how she loves her Michael.  I am so glad they have each other.  I am truly blessed to have them both.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your sister! You are indeed truly blessed to have them both; God definitely opened the window very wide for you Jody! Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete