Saturday, October 13, 2012

At Home in a Halloweened up House!

 Halloween is coming!

It is officially Halloween time at our house as decorations are out and we set up a spooky Halloween town for Michael to play with while we wait for the calendar to turn to the 31st.  It is a bit sad for me as this was Andy's Halloween town and I have such fond memories of little Andy playing with the town and creating his own stories.  It is good to get it out and see Michael add his own imaginings to the set.

So right away the pirates crashed Halloween town and have not left since!  Michael has spent many moments
talking to the pirates and setting them up about the houses this October.


                                   He wanted me to see the pirate here so he displayed it for me.




                                   
                                  It delights me to watch him create stories and act them out.
                                           He is really coming into his own creativity and it is such
                                         a joy to see him expressing himself through storytelling.


                            He does however also have a giant tub filled with costumes for him to
                            dress up.  He has walked about as a monkey, dragon, dinosaur, wizard, space man,
                            and fireman all in the last two days!

                            I was able to snap some of them:






                                        So sweet to see him really being the characters.  He throws
                                  his whole self into his work and play.
                                Michael has  such enjoyment in life.  He is happy to be where he is.

                                 Today when we came through the kitchen door, into our cluttered home that
                                   frustrates me for lack of space, Michael only grinned and said,
                                  "I am so glad to be home!"
                                      Then off he went to set up his farm.
                                     I learn so much from that kid.  God has blessed my life, my home,
                                                    my world.  I need to not sweat the small stuff so much.
                                      So I turn my thoughts to the coming 31st and I wonder what costume he will    
                                        dress up as when he goes trick-or-treating...stay tuned to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment